Total Pageviews

Friday, May 17, 2013

Where's your treasure?

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there you heart will be also."
-(Matthew 6:19-20)
Everything on earth is temporary. Let's not get all hung up on THINGS: possessions, like bicycles and guns, and computers/Xboxs/Tvs...

It's okay to have those things, but we shouldn't OBSESS over them.

...Actually, we shouldn't even obsess over money. Or earning it.


There are more important things in life--the things that remain when we pass on into the next life:

"...and now these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love." 
-(1 Corinthians 13:13)

In what way am I storing up treasures here on earth and not heaven? I think a lot of the time, it's a mindset. Taking things people say way too personally, feeling like dirt when I make a silly mistake... These small things will not come with me to heaven, so why am I spending so much energy worrying and fretting about it?


Instead of "doom", I should be focusing on hope.
Instead of giving up, I should have faith.
And instead of disliking people and things, I should love.

Because these things will go with me when I die, and they're more worth it in the long run.

Prayer:

Lord, give me eyes to see when I'm in the midst of my transgressions. Give me eyes to see faith, hope, and love in everything I do. And please give me the strength to choose these things when I'm confronted with the things of this world. I love you Lord, so shine through me!!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment