Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 2, 2013

You mad?


"...but I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment."
-(Matthew 5:22)

Yikes. Let's digest this one a bit. Sounds pretty important.

"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something AGAINST YOU, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled with your brother; then come and offer your gift."
-(Matthew 5:23,24 emp added)

Woah, woah, woah. Hold the phone.

It doesn't say: "If he has something against you, HE (or she) needs to something about it."
It doesn't say: "If he or she is mad, he or she needs to get over it."

Jesus is teaching us the power of initiative.

Even when something is "not our fault" or "our problem," and even when WE aren't the ones that are even MAD, we're supposed to be the mature ones. We're supposed to handle the problem.

We're meant to drop everything, even our sacrifices to God, and attempt to reconcile with our angry brother or sister.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to understand. Please help me rest my soul. Help me have wisdom about what to do with people who are angry with me. Only you can help me get over myself and take the initiative. Please give me the strength and the maturity to handle situations with a mind centered around you.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment