Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Persecuted

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
-Matthew 5:11-12

Once again, we approach the subject of persecution. It's almost as if our walk with Jesus should leave a wake of persecution and insults... Should it?


Jesus was saying that even though it may suck right now, it's going to be okay.

Peace, child. It's going to be okay.

These days, it's all about instant gratification. There are even studies that indicate humans are not as easily entertained as they used to be, just ten years ago. Journalists, when writing an article, need to command the attention of their readers in three seconds or less, or they've completely lost us. This is all thanks to technology, and the ability to obtain information (loads of it) at the flick of our fingers.

In other words, it's hard to wait for anything these days.

"...and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose."
-Romans 8:28


It's hard to see beyond the current moment and to trust that something good will come out of it later on. We want to feel good now... But that's not the way God designed for us.

God asks us to wait... So what has he asked you to wait for? Do I trust that God will fulfill His promises to me? 

I need to trust him-- for my trust is in nothing else, not in man, not in my schedule, not in my health, nothing. I need to trust him in all things; in the fact that I am indeed forgiven and that I'll be in heaven someday with him, where there is no more pain, suffering, jeering voices or ruthless enemy. 


Prayer:

Lord, help me! Help me to have courage, to be bold, because without you I am afraid. I choose to be quiet when people bring you up, open my mouth for me and speak! Use me as your humble instrument. Help me to live my faith so obviously that people spit at me and despise me! Give me patience and understanding in the portion which you believe is fitting for me.

I love and trust in your holy name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment