Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rotten

How often do we receive blessings from God?

And how often do we give back, 100%, that blessing to someone else?


Oswald Chambers says "Worship is giving God the best that He has given you."

Not just sharing the blessing with someone else. 

Not just cutting them a portion of the blessing.

But giving that blessing, that same blessing, back to God?


I was reading the bible for the first time in months today, and surprise! God talks to me within seconds. 

This guy in the Old Testament named Elkanah had a wife named Hannah who could not bear any children. She asked God for a child, and He have her one. (Fancy that!)

This is what she did with that blessing:

"...they slaughtered the bull, and brought the boy to Eli (a priest).

She said: 'Oh, my lord! As your soul lives, my lord, I am the women who stood here beside you, praying to the Lord. For this boy I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him. So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord.'"

Hannah's son was brought to Eli, "that he may appear before the Lord and stay there forever." -1 Samuel 1:22, 25-28


In case you skimmed over that, I'll paraphrase:

She let that blessing of God funnel right through her. She gave the best of what God gave her. 

Blessings from God are not meant to be hoarded for ourselves. We're not supposed to hear from God and hide what we learned.


Our knowledge of God should be completely at the same level as our experience of Him. We should be receiving and giving blessings to the same degree.

Blessings will rot if they are hoarded, like manna from heaven in Exodus 16:20. 

Is your soul rotting? 


No comments:

Post a Comment