Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

SOAP with Natalie

Hey everyone!

So, today I think I'm just going to read my personal daily Scripture and write a "S.O.A.P" for you all to read.

SOAP is :
Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer.

It really helps someone who, like me, doesn't stay structured in their Bible reading. Try it out, and be washed clean by the Word of God!

Scripture:

"This is he who was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: 'a voice calling in the wilderness, "Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him."'"
-(Matthew 3:3)

Observation:

John was dealt an honor of a calling, but it was also a difficult one. He would be the announcer of Jesus' coming. With this task he would surely be humiliated, despised, rejected constantly. Can you imagine how we would view a "John" these days? Probably the same way we'd view these guys:

 
But still, John wholeheartedly stepped into the role he was meant for.
 
It had to have taken a LOT of courage for John to stand up to the religious rulers and pharisees. At the time, not even Jesus was doing that yet (according to Scripture, He didn't start His ministry until after fasting in the desert, which was after He was baptised by John).
 
John was an enigma: fear did not hinder him.
 
Application:
 
What has God called me to do? Am I afraid to step into that calling? Is that what is keeping me from obeying the will of God, or am I just unaware of what the will of God is? John was confident in his calling--and he stepped into it with boldness and undeniable passion.
 
What am I meant to do so passionately that NOTHING scares me or turns me away? Even death?
 
Prayer:
 
Lord, please make it abundantly clear what I am meant to do! I want to serve you with an unbridled passion, and I feel once I know completely and indisputably you will for me, the passion will come naturally. I love you, help me to want to serve you. Take away my fear and my self-consciousness.
 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment